We use modern methodologies of software development, which includes: requirements analysis, design of specification and architecture, implementation and testing, documentation writing, process of deployment and support. Our company commonly uses the Waterfall Model, Test Driven Development, Agile Programming and SCRUM.
The waterfall model is a sequential development process, in which development is seen as flowing steadily downwards like a waterfall through the phases of requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, integration, and maintenance.
Test driven development
Test-driven development is a software development technique that relies on the repetition of a very short development cycle: First the developer writes a failing automated test case that defines a desired improvement or new function, then produces code to pass that test and finally refactors the new code to acceptable standards.
Agile Development Methodology
The agile development methodology is gaining prominence in the software industry. It is a conceptual framework for undertaking software development projects. It is being implemented widely as it enables IT companies execute projects faster and deliver rapid ROI to their clients'. Agile methodology also minimizes risk and enhances productivity of the team developing applications / software in different phases. Agile methodology is effective for software companies that are focused on achieving customer satisfaction by developing software applications in planned phases. The Agile implementation process can be tricky and only software firms having experience working in an agile environment can effectively deliver projects in this environment.
Adopting agile development methodologies minimizes risk by developing software in phases, each release is treated as a new functionality. It is a highly practical approach to develop software applications as it helps in incorporating all changes required by the clients during the software development lifecycle of the project. Business worldwide prefer agile as their preferred software development methodology due to the increased flexibility it offers.
Cyclosys proven process and agile methodologies helps our team execute projects faster and deliver rapid ROI to our clients'. Agile development methodology helps better communications with clients and helps improve overall quality of project, It is the most innovative way to manage software projects. We have been successful in building effective relationships with our clients by engaging with them on a regular basis. We are very clear and transparent in our approach, which helps in successful engagement.
Benefits of Agile Methodology
- Customer Satisfaction
- Quickly Adapt to Changing Requirements
- Deliver Frequently
- Test frequently
- Less defects
- Collaborative approach
- Quick ROI
Cyclosys has developed and refined approach towards agile development methodology, which has helped in successfully delivering enterprise scale agile projects. We believe that agile methodology is the way forward for all software development projects, as it is highly effective methodology and ensures effective project delivery.
Scrum is an iterative incremental framework for managing complex work commonly used with agile software development. A key principle of Scrum is its recognition that during a project the customers can change their minds about what they want, Scrum adopts an empirical approach focusing on maximizing the team’s ability to deliver quickly and respond to emerging requirements. One of Scrum’s biggest advantages is that it is very easy to learn and requires little effort to start using.
Iterative and incremental development
Nowadays, software development process is most commonly built around iterative and incremental approach. This model is used at Cyclosys as well and project work is split into iterations. Every iteration includes such phases as requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing. The product is incrementally enhanced with additional functionality in every iteration.
Iterative and incremental development brings the following advantages as compared to the Waterfall model:
- A functioning product is available at the end of every iteration,
- Iterations may be run simultaneously. A design team starts the next iteration while the current one is under test,
- Product requirements may be changed to optimize future iterations,
- The model may be used alongside with Agile methodologies, e.g. Scrum,
- The project team learns from first iterations and may use best practices and experiences in next iterations.
Cyclosys adjusts software development processes to customer needs. The most efficient model is chosen in order to provide the customer with:
- Frequent deliveries and product demos,
- Ability to change product requirements throughout the project lifecycle,
- Control of the progress and project risks,
Thus, iterative and incremental development model helps to reach project goals in the most efficient way.
The cost of fixing a defect in a software product depends on the stage where it is discovered. The earlier the stage is, the less effort is needed for fixing. Continuous integration approach lets developers discover defects earlier with the help of automated nightly builds. This approach is based on the following principles:
- Frequent integration of the altered code with the existing code repository,
- Fully automated build procedure,
- Automated integration tests are run every night,
- When the build breaks it is easy to find who made the relevant change. The fix is provided at an earlier stage.
The continuous integration approach brings various advantages, such as:
- Immediate testing of the introduced changes,
- Information on the quality of the builds is available all the time,
- When an automated test fails, the developer may cancel the latest code changes to find the defect root cause,
- Integration problems are fixed early without waiting for the final product integration stage. Numerous blocking problems at the last stages of the project are averted at the initial phase,
- A working build with the latest code changes is always available for testing, demo or deployment.
Cyclosys widely uses continuous integration approach in order to efficiently eliminate problems and mitigate project risks. This approach may be used together with iterative and incremental development and Agile methodologies.
Software Design and Development
Throughout the company`s history Cyclosys has grown into a major provider of software development services to the world leading telecom equipment manufacturers and solutions vendors. We possess great hands-on experience and a wide array of technological expertise in mobile, converged, wireless, wireline and enterprise communications.
Cyclosys features a solid track record of successfully delivered software R&D projects in various technological domains. We continuously introduce best practices in our quality processes and apply result-oriented management approach and advanced benchmarking techniques. Cyclosys provides the highest level of software design and development efficiency making sure our services are competitive and shifting market expectations. We persistently demonstrate commitment to a perfect mix of cost and quality and adhere to delivery timelines.
Cyclosys new product design services include:
- development of technical requirements based on business requirements,
- design of new product architecture,
- development of product implementation plan and roadmap.
We always look for innovative ways to add value at each stage of software development process.
We make sure that new product software architecture:
- reflects the latest SW architecture trends,
- is based on advanced technologies available on the market,
- is highly flexible and allows for easy future product evolution with regard to scalability, performance, adaptability, etc.
Our software development process includes:
- high-level and detailed design documentation development,
- proof-of-concept prototype,
- prototype exposition and product requirements correction (if necessary),
- software coding and code review,
- unit testing.
and system testing
and load testing
At Cyclosys software design and development services are performed by highly efficient and well-coordinated teams with clearly defined goals. In case of frequent changes of the product requirements we use Agile practices. A wide array of expertise in technologies and platforms enables us to take advantage of the most suitable technologies, development environments and programming languages in anything we do.
Cyclosys partners with you to build your Ideas. For a free quote, reach us at email@example.com.